Verses That Guide My Life

Always Be ready to teach and preach.
Preach the word; be ready in season and out of season; reprove, rebuke, and exhort, with complete patience and teaching. (2 Timothy 4:2 ESV)

Study the Word before you teach and preach.
Do your best to present yourself to God as one approved, a worker who has no need to be ashamed, rightly handling the word of truth. (2 Timothy 2:15 ESV)

Growing in Christlike virtues give me increasing confidence that I am saved.
Therefore, brothers, be all the more diligent to make your calling and election sure, for if you practice these qualities you will never fall. (2 Peter 1:10 ESV)

I need to love my wife and be constantly reminded of it.
Husbands, love your wives, as Christ loved the church and gave himself up for her. (Ephesians 5:25 ESV)

Loving God and teaching my children to love God and His Word are important to me.
“Hear, O Israel: The LORD our God, the LORD is one. You shall love the LORD your God with all your heart and with all your soul and with all your might. And these words that I command you today shall be on your heart. You shall teach them diligently to your children, and shall talk of them when you sit in your house, and when you walk by the way, and when you lie down, and when you rise. You shall bind them as a sign on your hand, and they shall be as frontlets between your eyes. You shall write them on the doorposts of your house and on your gates. (Deuteronomy 6:4-9 ESV)

My duty is to fear God and keep His commandments.
The end of the matter; all has been heard. Fear God and keep his commandments, for this is the whole duty of man. (Ecclesiastes 12:13 ESV)

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Typical Sunday

Surrounding yourself with healthy leaders