Typical Monday


Monday. One of my favorite days of the week. One of the reasons why is how I get to start my day. On top of starting off with my normal daily routine of bible reading and prayer, I set aside two hours to read about the attributes of God. This leads to more prayer and worship. It really puts my life and the upcoming week into perspective. 



Here is my typical Monday morning. 

Read the Matthew Henry prayer email, look at my schedule for the day, pray through my schedule, and then read through my news emails. Reference hear for what those emails are.

Read morning Psalms in The New Coverdale Psalter. Tonight after dinner, I will read the evening Psalms.

Spend 45-60 reading through The Pentateuch in my ESV Reader's Bible.

I read a daily portion of Proverbs: Daily Wisdom and then I journal the passage I just read into my Proverbs Journible


Work through Beginning Greek (book, video, and worksheets)

Spend two hours reading a chapter of God Is: A Devotional Guide to the Attributes of God by Mark Jones. I go through the chapter super slowly. I look up verses, pray, and worship as I learn more about who God is. I call this time coffee with God. I don’t rush through it. I take my time. 


At 9 am, 12 pm, 3 pm, and 6 pm I have my phone go off to remind me to pray. Before I swipe the notification of the alarm, I try to spend intentional time in prayer. My times of prayer don't always start at those times but my alarm reminds me to find a stop to pause for prayer.

Sometimes I read through a section of The Book of Common Prayer, sometimes I read through a hymn and then pray through it. Other times, I just pray for what is on my prayer list and read my copy of the Devotional Psalter by Crossway

Today, at 9 AM I prayed for my family and my life groups as well as read the Devotional Psalter. At noon, I prayed for the prayer requests that come into the church over the weekend and re-read Psalm 68 from the Devotional Psalter.




Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Typical Sunday

Surrounding yourself with healthy leaders

Verses That Guide My Life